Sunday, January 15, 2012

In the Provo MTC

Monday, July 4th, 2011
When i first got to the MTC they took my picture i said my goodbyes to shea n clay and went to get my packet of things. i also got my NAME TAG!!! i felt so honored to have it. i was filled with joy when they put my name tag on me. i then went and met my district, there are 11 and of those are 4 sisters and we are all going to guatemala. the rest of the elders are going to chile, but we are only here for three weeks and they are here for about 9 weeks. it has been so amazing here! i love it so much! the food is amzing and not to menition that the ice cream!! i might gain weight here! but so far its been sitting in classes all day and have my head crammed with espanol!!!! it is so hard, my mind cannot think of what it wants to say in spanish and it cannot remember how to speak english anymore!! i thought being on my mission would help my english but i am thinking it will not. i am having evening more trouble speaking it now and it has only been four days! i also have the moments when i want to speak spanish but because i do not know the words i end up speaking navajo! it is way hard when you are trying to read the vowels and they come out sounding like navajo. however, luckily mi hermana Gilland is way good and has been helping me out a lot! she took some in high school so she has been making sure that i prounce it correctly.

Monday, July 11th, 2011
all is going well in the MTC, after sunday it seemed like everything has been going much faster, but not easier, it is actaully more stressful now. i have so much to learn and do before i go to the Guatemala MTC.
yesterday we has our sunday fireside and we talked about daily repentance and how we should do it with pleasure, not dread. it really made me think about it. also it made me realize how this concept will help when i teach and in my own life. when we are repenting daily we are coming so much closer to Heavenly Father, it brings more joy into our lives.
so fun stuff, my roommates get tons of mail from family members and one got chili's chips and slasa and another got cocobean cupcakes! we ate that all in one night and oh man we felt sick, but i love my campanions and they will be going with me to the guatemeala MTC.

Monday, July 18th, 2011
WOW its crazy to think that i am already leaving the provo MTC, i am kinda scared that i am leaving the country and i've heard so many horror stories about guatemala! so i decided after last night's firesdie that i am closing my ears to all these horror stories and not worrying about it. i just think of the story of Ammon in the Book of Mormon and how he went to people that wanted to kill him just for being a Nephite. then i think "i got it prettty good" :) but i also have to remember to have no fear and to have faith in the Lord. i am so amazed with how much closer i have gotten to my Lord. i have never studied the scriptures so much in my life and i feel like i have been missing out! i can hardly wait to teach the people of Guatemala the wonderful blessing of the gospel. we are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives and to know of the love of our Heavenly Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment