Monday, May 7, 2012

Charity


It's great here in Guatemala. Hot.... but great... I got in trouble by Presidente because I have not been drinking enough water so I am working on that right now. Also the mosquitoes are crazy right now.... I think how they feast on my legs during lessons, it's not fair. But let's see where to start. This past week we had FHE with one family of investigators and it was great. This family had so much more unity and I saw how this can help so much in the house. Also it hit me how every choice we make in our lives can determine our future. I remember mom and dad always said this but as a youth I never saw it. But here in Guatemala I see it, and it hurts seeing it. I at times think how blessed I was to be born in a family that is functional and with parents that always said no when they felt they needed to or made sure I was home on time. Being here has made me realize a lot of things and how important the gospel is in our lives. I am so thankful for the gospel. I am so thankful that I have my life and that I am able to help others have this vision. Brandon, our convert that is 16 years old, blessed the sacrament and I almost cried because he is progressing and reading the Book of Mormon. He is really special and I pray he serves a mission. He will be great. We are looking for more families to teach, and we have a new investigator named Rafael. He is 16, and he is amazing. He has two friends in the ward and they gave him a Book of Mormon, and he has been reading it. He knows it's true and loves going to church. It's amazing how having friends in the church can help someone be active and join the church. I give a lot to the boys that gave him the Book of Mormon. They love their friend so much that they gave him a Book of Mormon. That is what happens when we love someone, we want them to have the gospel in their lives and progress and receive eternal life. I love the gospel and every chance I get to share it with people. It is such a blessing having the gospel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment